Sunday, January 3, 2010

BOM - Oh what have gotten myself in to

O.K.  it seemed like a good thing to do at the time, but then life didn't go as expected and my Nov/Dec time line fell apart.  In October (in the past I waited and the classes were filled so I missed out) I joined two BOM Clubs at my closest quilt shop Gathering Fabric.  I got started in October with Green Piece by Moda.  It is 20 pieced and 20 appliqued blocks.  OOOh what fun!  Yes, the applique blocks can be done with machine embroidery - they even have embroidery files for them or more traditional by hand or machine.

See I'm talking to myself, so yesterday I went to pick up the first block for the other BOM - Saturday Sampler 2010 -  My Secret Garden.  The fabrics are from the Robin Pandolph Fabric Collection from RJR called Roses D'Noel --- very pretty, makes me think of springtime, also beautiful on Christmas projects.  I haven't really done much applique so this will be a fun  learning experience.  There are 4 additional kits - I think I might get more than one of them to use as fillers rather than using so many plain fabrics strips.

This next week I'm going to start on FSL samples using different types of threads, I'll post the results.

No comments: