Thursday, March 1, 2012

New FO's for February 2012

A New FO's Challenge  gives me permission to start a new project. There is no pressure to finish it. I love it. It lets the creative juices flow.  This is my project for February, started at Sew Expo in the Libby Lehman class the Pinatita Quilt.  I did buy the finishing kit so I could make the little larger Pinata Quilt.   It uses the circular tool to decorate the block with decorative or embroidery stitches from you sewing machine.  Most of us have a many decorative stitches we never use and this was a wonderful chance to play with different stitches, change the stitches or make stitch combinations.  I used 40 wt. embroidery thread and had fun making these applique blocks.



Pinatita Quilt


Pinata Quilt

 Go on over to Barbara’s blog Cat Patches and see the new February projects that everyone has started.
(I 've been running behind and didn't get on the "linky list" at Cat Patches this month!)


*

No comments: